Team HYDRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-game strategies guide

4 posters

Go down

In-game strategies guide Empty In-game strategies guide

Post by WildInstinct Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:45 am

Hey guys. I been thinking that some of the strategies I use are pretty good, as I told someone inexperienced to do them, and he's been doing great. I might not be the best adviser, but I had plenty of good experience with the game, so I know a lot about it too. If you feel like no matter what you do you will never reach high scores on matches, stormkills or prokills, or multikills, feel free to leave a comment below saying what are you struggling at exactly. Make sure you leave favorite guns, maps, and gameplay style. I'll start you off by explaining what each gameplay style:

Super close combat: going up to people's faces and shooting them right on the head at point blank

Pros: high kill count, high score (you are more likely to kill the VIP), very likely to get multikills

Cons: high death count, k/d usually negative (meaning you die more than you kill), cannot go to high streaks as you will die too often, grenades are a HUGE problem.

Close combat: keeping a minimum distance of 6 meters away from enemy and a maximum distance of 20-25 meters.

Pros:high kill count, likely to get multi kills, likely to kill VIP, use a bit less ammo than super close because shots are more accurate.

Cons: medium death count,, again cannot go to high streaks

Medium combat: minimum distance of 15 meters to a maximum distance of 45 meters.

Pros: high score streaks are a big possibility, high k/d (2.0-4.0), accurate shots, die way less often (my preferred type of gameplay), less ammo consumption than closer rangers.

Cons: total scores go lower (if you don't go for VIP, whose hard to take down at a distance), if flash is a problem on your gun, you will have a hard time with accuracy.

Far ranged combat: minimum distance from enemy is 35 meters and maximum is everything higher.

Pros: High scorestreaks are so easy, super accurate shots, less ammo consumption, k/d will be really high (could range from 2.0-7.0), very stealthy, all snipers are good at this range.

Cons: Multi kills will be very hard, greandes are basically useless, smgs, shotguns, and some ARs are unusable at this point.

I know that was a lot but then again leave a comment with your favorite guns, maps, and the gameplay style you most associate with (if you have more than one just say the one you play the most).

WildInstinct

Back to top Go down

In-game strategies guide Empty Close Range

Post by lyiso48 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Personally I play medium to long range on OSM and occasionally lighthouse, but I have one big tip for close quarters combat (CQC). CROUCH. Not just because, but when it's useful. The simplest way of saying this is instead of standing there and getting shot while shooting back and hoping you don't die first, crouch while aiming and shooting. Personally, this has helped improve my game on bay 5 immensely. I walk around and THE MOMENT I SEE SOMEONE WHO ALSO SEES ME I crouch and shoot instead of just shooting alone. I've had sagia FA's shoot 4-5 rounds right over my head while I have only 6 health and have won the fire fight. Very useful. I personally like mapping my crouch button to the q button because I think i can hit it faster than c, but thats just me. I may try to record a few clips of this to show you as an example. Stay tuned.

lyiso48
Admin

http://cwteamhydro.freeforums.biz

Back to top Go down

In-game strategies guide Empty Video

Post by lyiso48 Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Here it is. It's about thirty seconds long, but it also gives a good idea of the strategy that should be used in cqc. This method has personally helped improve my game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_PvsEvmN8&feature=youtu.be

lyiso48
Admin

http://cwteamhydro.freeforums.biz

Back to top Go down

In-game strategies guide Empty Re: In-game strategies guide

Post by Tomtommee2 Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Nice video! I think it helps when you're good all around like yourself, however. . .

Tomtommee2

Back to top Go down

In-game strategies guide Empty Another strategy

Post by WildInstinct Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:47 am

So I found out this strategy for OSM that has been getting me prokills like rain. You will need to go on hardcore, have a 100% accuracy bolt action sniper rifle (M40A10 for those with no GP, or the ORSIS for them rich mofos), and very sharp reflexes and accuracy. Basically all it involves is when you snipe, sidestep. This will make it a lot harder for people to snipe you. Also, NEVER STOP MOVING! this will tire your fingers but its worth it. Never stop sidestepping in the place you're in. This will make it hard for someone to snipe you off guard. Have very sharp reflexes and aim like a god when you see someone because milliseconds could mean your perfectly kept 19 kill streak could all be blown by a head shot. This is the harder part about the strategy. You have to be dead accurate if you want to be a good sniper and make prokills for dayz. So that's why you need a sniper with a very good accuracy to match up with your accuracy level. And lastly, have a full auto secondary (I recommend glock 18 because of its mobility, but any other full auto will do). You need this to kill someone that may be flanking you with a full auto AR. Happened too many times Sad . It is also helpful when it comes to flanking yourself, as the snipers are a little heavy. But yeah that's about what I do in OSM hardcore to get prokills. I think it works pretty well. Tell me if it got you any prokills!

WildInstinct

Back to top Go down

Post by fredericfu62 Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Can we buy the thermal vision goggle skill?

fredericfu62

Back to top Go down

Post by WildInstinct Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:50 pm

We are actually planning to buy that next

WildInstinct

Back to top Go down

In-game strategies guide Empty Hardcore guide.

Post by WildInstinct Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Well, here it is:

Teamkilling:

Well, I know some of us have some problems when it comes to team killing in hardcore. Well, best way to avoid doing it, is simply look at the character skin of the person you intend to kill. If you are in USEC and you are aiming at a Bear character, shoot them. But if he is USEC as well, then do not shoot him, or say goodbye to 200 points. Of course sometimes you do not have enough time to decide if its friend or foe before you are dead, so I'd say to just concentrate in the fact that what you are looking for is the enemy. Don't think what team u are in every time you are about to kill someone. Just Think he is Bear, so I kill him. Or he is Usec, so I kill him. But sometimes people just run in front of you when you are shooting and you kill them in accident. All I could tell you is avoid being in a crowd with your team. Otherwise, tough look buddy.

VIP thirsties:

Since this game mode does offer permanent times 4 exp, there will be a lot of people in there to kill the VIP only, as he is worth 1200 exp. Use them wisely. Here is what I mean:

Friendly VIPs:

Use them as "fly" traps. Many enemies will have their attention focused on him. That's where you move to an area that is currently cold (unactive firefight) at the moment that has a good view of where your VIP is at (usually the hot area). Enemies just flood in and that's when you lite them all up. This will get you quite a few kills very fast. Once your VIP is dead, do the next strategy.

Enemy VIPs:

Most of your teammates will be going after the VIP, giving the other team a chance to use the fly trap strategy. So here is what you will do. First, you may notice that most of the enemies are near the VIP, because they spawn next to him. Go ahead and flank to a hidden spot (by this I mean hidden to most enemy's filed of view at the moment). I'm not telling you to full on spawn trap, but to keep your distance and take out of one by one. That way you will call less attention to yourself and since all the other players are raining bullets towards the VIP, they give away their position, making you less noticeable. If you can, try killing him off after he's taken quite a few hits. After he's dead, hide and wait until you can do the fly trap

Ammo consumption:

For those hardcore players, you all know that if you reload you lose the rest of the ammo left on magazine. But what troubles most people is when to reload. It all depends on your situation. If you are far range, not noticed, and only have a few shots left in mag, then I'd say go for it and try to get another kill with them. If you are noticed, then reload. If you are in medium range under same circumstances, then go for it and try to get another kill or two. If not, then again, reload. However, ALWAYS reload if you are in CQC. You never know when 4 guys will pop at same time.

Unaccurateness:

Some people might complain how some guns are very unaccurate in hardcore because of no skill influence. Just burst fire about 3-6 rounds, while holding down shift. And ALWAYS press down shift in hardcore. It increases accuracy dramatically.

When it gets real:

Since it is very realistic, in hardcore you will face broken arms and legs. With broken arms, they shouldn't be too noticeable with full auto weapons or shot guns with no slugs. However with shot guns with slugs and snipers, you will be affected by it immensely. Broken foots are not too big of a deal when you are sniping or killing far range. Although it is pretty annoying sometimes. However, in close combat, you would rather die than to have one of these mofos. When you get a broken foot, you are pretty much screwed in close combat if you are not VIP. I don't really have strategy for these, as they are almost flawless at annoying the crap out of you. So just don't expose your arms and legs to much or you will get either, or both.

Hope that helped clear up any questions you had about hardcore. And I know this is mostly Team elimination based, but I don't really play any other game modes, so, yeah.

WildInstinct

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum